HOUSE OF RUN RELAY
The annual event known as the House of Run Relay began with a podcast debate in 2014 where hosts Kevin and Jason debate a listener email from Ray asking "What is the maximum number of handoffs you can have in a mile relay and still break the world record of 3:43.13?"
The debate considered many factors as it tried to narrow in on the sweet spot where you'd get maximum output from each runner while offsetting the downtime involved with handoffs. At some point you'd have too many runners and not enough room to run.
Since 2014 the Portland Track Festival assembled a 32x50m team team to run the mile relay as a group effort. NOW, we're going to turn the strategery over to you. Assemble a team of any size and compete for cash money. It will be chaos.
ENTER YOUR TEAM IN THE 2018 RELAY
- A team can be made up of any number of runners
- Team members can be any age or gender
- Runners can run any distance
- A runner can complete only one leg
- The winning team will receive $100
- The largest team will receive $100 (most participants)
- There is no entry fee